I found this meme on Facebook today and I had to stop and process it. There is so much truth here. I interact with people that would rather keep doing the very same toxic things, interact with the same toxic people and spew the same toxic rhetoric and then try to sell me on the idea that they are not being negative.
- Do you always start your answer with why something cannot be done, or why you can’t do it, or all the problems that have to be met; therefore it is impossible?
With all due respect, you are a negative person.
- Do you see someone’s faults before you see their value? You are a negative person.
- Do you find yourself throwing jabs at people that succeed? You may be a negative person.
- Is it easier to talk about someone in a derogatory manner than to inspire and encourage him or her? You may find that you are a negative person.
- When things don’t go the way you want them to go, or when people don’t do what you want them to do, do you walk out? You are a negative person.
- When you don’t get the spotlight or the microphone do you talk to other people about other people? You are a negative person.
- Do you threaten and intimidate people to get them to do the things that you think are good for them, right for them? You are not just negative, you are toxic.
It is crazy how much negativity is out there in our world today. I see the fear mongering, and hate mongering and race mongering all over social media. Every day we get up and we read toxic reports and watch toxic media about how bad things really are and it breeds to life this little cloud that follows you around all day and then we wonder why we are so depressed.
DON’T BELIEVE SOCIAL MEDIA!
Shoot, if I am to believe what I see in social media:
– Texas is about to become the proving ground for a new world order when President Obama launches the military against the nation.
– There is nothing more important in the news today than a man who chose to be a woman.
– You are about to get carjacked for stopping to see what’s in the middle of the road.
– Everyone, I mean everyone, is after your electronic identity.
– Apparently the absolute worst thing that could happen to you is that your testosterone level could fall out the bottom and you might not be interested in sex like an 18 year old at college.
– Everyone needs a handgun strapped because everyone is about to have their handgun taken away.
– The sky is falling.
How much negativity can you take? I wonder when it is that we begin to see the truth and choose to make a difference. There is a lot of good going on in the world.
THERE REALLY IS A LOT OF GOOD.
There are many stories like this that need to be pushed to show the world that great things are in fact happening.
I read an article about a young man that is trying to clean up the ocean and has a way that the ocean can do almost all the work. It is a joy to see that this young man, only 19 years of age, has come up with this and people are getting behind it. It is very sad that it is not all over social media.
There are countless articles from all over small town America of Police officers making a difference in people’s lives: from playing basketball with young people, to bringing food to the home of a person suffering dementia and everything in between. No one is lauding this very loudly. Too positive?
Look around you for the positive that is going on.
Change your mindset and you will change your world. Let “YES” be the word that leads you, let “Yes I can” be the phrase that carries you to new heights. When people believe that they can, they don’t stop trying. When people are encouraged, they try harder.
Today choose to be an encourager. Listen you the words coming out of your mouth and choose to be positive.